Bilingual Production Designer Needed to Support EdMod
Engineer for the Week (EFTW) is one of the premier programs designed and spearheaded by the Education Modernization (EdMod) Team at Facebook. In addition to EFTW, EdMod is developing a wide range of products and programs to support our evolving learner Community – and this position will have the opportunity to work with many of them. We’re excited to share the following position overview with you and we encourage you to share it with your network.
The Education Modernization (EdMod) Team at Facebook is seeking a Production Design Freelancer who is bilingual to support us in English & Spanish graphic design production work across our portfolio of products and programs. By working alongside EdMod, you will support our mission to co-create free learning opportunities with historically underrepresented communities that strengthen K-12 education and support learners.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the EdMod Production Design Freelancer will work cross-functionally with graphic designers, program managers, marketing strategists, instructional designers, & video production teammates to support in creating marketing & instructional assets for a variety of projects. You will work alongside our internal design team as well as with external partners to execute on projects with pre-defined scopes & visions, ensuring to complete assets within reasonable timelines with high production quality. You understand the traditional design process and are able to create custom graphic assets with agility, intentionality, and integrity, including but not limited to: iconography, vector illustrations / infographics, typographic applications, and marketing materials (ie: one pagers, advertisements, social media assets etc.). You take creative feedback very well and are able to adapt your design solutions to fit the needs of our audience, considering their diverse backgrounds above all else. Through this position, EdMod is committed to supporting your career and personal development as you contribute towards a world where learners have more equitable access and opportunity to build upon their futures.
This is a remote consultancy position starting in June 2021 with the opportunity to extend. We are looking for an individual who can commit a minimum of 20 hours per week, which includes attending recurring team & project meetings.
- Produce English and Spanish assets for the Education Modernization Team and its current and future programs, including but not limited to:
- Digital Support: Design static / interactive digital banners, digital PDFs, documents within Google Docs, & presentations within Google Slides
- Comms & Social Media Support: Design / maintain social media posts, templates, emailers, etc.
- UI/UX Support: Design program user experience flowcharts, processes, etc.
- Print Design Support: Design pamphlets, flyers, booklets, packets, etc.
- Special Event Support: Design signage, promotional swag, and collateral
- Misc Design Support: Design infographics and illustrations
- Push strategies + concepts developed by the EdMod in-house design team to the next level through design production / execution
- Work with external cross-functional partners and internal team members to project manage design needs, facilitate buy-in for assets, & collect + implement feedback
- Project manage own tasks within a project management system, managing timelines, dependencies, and resourcing
- Interface with EdMod design team and + extended teams on progress through various virtual conference (VC) meetings and weekly status updates
- 2–3+ years experience executing graphic assets in a design agency / studio / in-house setting
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Proficient with industry-standard design tools + skill-sets, including but not limited to capabilities with Adobe Suite (ie: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), working capability within Figma, & some knowledge of HTML and CSS to build / maintain websites
- Highly self-motivated team player who thrives in cross-functional environments, can work independently on multiple projects at once while utilizing project management skills to meet deadlines & adapt to shifting priorities, and can serve as a team point-of-contact for other external partners when needed
- Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work and committed to providing this perspective during design production through a learner-first approach to solving problems
- Excellent design fundamental skills, including typography and layout skills, acute attention to detail, physical prototyping mockups, presentation skills, and staying up-to-date with design trends
- Proficiency with the Google Suite (Docs / Sheets / Slides) + Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with experience in documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Communication Design / Graphic Design
- Experience producing graphic assets for any combination of the K–12, Ed-tech, STEM, and volunteer / non-profit sectors a plus, more specifically in the field of computer science and alongside our communities (ie: Black and Latinx, Indigenous, and female-identifying learners in particular)
- Experience in simple or advanced animation & video-editing skills within Adobe After Effects / Adobe Premiere Pro programs a plus (ie: video transitions, animating lower-thirds, lightly animating pre-designed visuals, fully-animating sequences or illustrated elements, etc.)
- Proficiency with creating email journeys within Salesforce
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
If interested, we encourage candidates to submit a resume and cover letter covering the following points:
- Why are you interested in this project? What unique value add will you bring to the team?
- What is your main working location, hours of work, and any other jobs you currently will have in addition to this one (full-time corporate job vs. full-time freelancer, etc.?).
- What are your relevant experiences with the diversity, equity, and inclusion landscape in the K-12 education space? How does inclusion and equity show up in your practice?
- Work Samples & References
- Please provide 2–3 work samples that best represent your experience relevant for this job. We would like to review for style, execution, organization, and general capabilities. Examples within the education, non-profit, and / or computer science space are welcome but not required.
- Please provide 2–3 client references.
- Working Budget
- Please provide a clear understanding of how you price consulting projects, including your hourly rate if applicable.
Please submit these requirements to EdModRecruiting@fb.com with “Bilingual Production Designer” in the subject line of your email.