Instructional Designer (Bilingual)
The Education Modernization Team at Facebook is seeking a Spanish-English bilingual Instructional Designer to create instructional content for our program, Engineer for the Week (EFTW). This is a contract role for 9 months (June 2021 - February 2022), with the possibility of extension. This is a remote role (within 3 time zones of PST) and have the option to be on site at a Facebook office, if applicable.
Started in 2018, EFTW is a STEM program that introduces engineering to K-12 learners of historically underrepresented backgrounds. EFTW is one of the many offerings of the Education Modernization Team at Facebook, which co-designs programs and products to support K-12 communities facing layers of inequity, often with a focus on computer science and STEM.
Reporting to the EFTW Program Manager, the Instructional Designer (Bilingual) will work cross-functionally with our Design, Marketing, Infrastructure, and Evaluation team members to create and update instructional content to support educators implementing EFTW in the United States and across Latin America.
- Co-design updates to our instructional content with educators implementing EFTW;
- Research and develop online activities and formats to keep the educators and learners engaged;
- Design and structure instructional content to be appropriately scaffolded and pedagogically sound;
- Build checks for understanding and assessments, and identify additional opportunities to capture data throughout the learning experience;
- Create lightweight graphics or visuals utilizing styles and templates;
- Edit and produce short tutorial videos that complement the learning content;
- Provide instructional design strategy and consultation to the entire program user experience flow, and specific program components such as the website and webinars;
- Work closely with the Program Manager to ensure that the instructional content aligns with the vision for the program in the United States and across Latin America;
- Collaborate with our Designer(s) to ensure the user experience of the curricula works best for our audience and create necessary graphics and/or digital assets;
- Collaborate with our Infrastructure Solutions Manager to migrate instructional content onto a new hosting platform; and
- Serve as the primary Project Manager for all instructional content projects.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing online courses or curriculum for adult educators and K-12 learners;
- Fluent in both English and Spanish;
- Experience using popular e-learning content authoring tools, such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Lectora, Gomo, Elucidat, or comparable software;
- An eye for design and can see the process through to completion: from the program vision to the learning objectives to completed learning experiences;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, utilizing tools such as Asana;
- Team player with experience working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders and at times serve as the team’s point-of-contact for other external partners;
- Strong communication skills with fine attention to detail; and
- Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work and committed to providing this perspective during instructional design by applying a learner-first approach to solving problems.
- Experience in engineering, computer science, and/or STEM topics; and
- Experience with the Scratch coding platform and/or Chatfuel.
If interested, please submit the following to EdModRecruiting@fb.com with “Instructional Designer” in the subject line of your email.
- Work Sample: Please provide links to 1-2 samples of your work that demonstrates your instructional design experience. Please reference EFTW’s existing instructional content to help you select the most relevant samples.