Nourished Teachers Program Manager
This is a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension. Interested applicants must be able to work onsite at their nearest Facebook office.
Facebook is seeking a Program Manager to drive and grow a community of Educators on the Education Modernization Team (EdMod). EdMod co-designs programs and products to support K-12 communities facing layers of inequity. We work to expand access to educational opportunities, often with a focus on computer science and STEM. Engineer for the Week, Beats Unlocked, and now, Nourished Teachers are among the initiatives we run.
The Program Manager will play a key role in Facebook’s Nourished Teachers Community, a community co-created by teachers focused on nourishing the mind, body, and spirit of educators. In this role, the Program Manager will drive the Community to enable educators to build connections with one another, create and lead partnerships that will nourish members and help them thrive, and lead a movement focusing on the Educator as a human first. As the Nourished Teachers Community grows and evolves, the Program Manager will scale innovative virtual experiences, lead live discussions with thought leaders in the k12 space, and enable long-term resourcing within the group.
- Support vision and strategic growth with the EdMod Team Lead
- Create, manage, and scale corporate and community partnerships to enable access at scale
- Manage 2-5 Community Leaders, advising on growth and unlocking local and national opportunities
- Coordinate diligence and strategic planning surrounding community engagements and initiatives
- Lead recruitment strategy and execution for significant growth month over month
- Co-create and manage community health and programmatic engagements with Community Leaders
- Moderate and support the day-to-day engagement of the Community, mitigating and amplifying opportunities across the group
- Work in partnership with internal Facebook teams to develop strategies for community partnership and to elevate reach within the K12 space
- Foster a sense of community, welcoming new Educators, and creating a space of inclusivity and safety
- Maintain an active presence in the community, serving as an example for members through their activities and social footprint
- Establishes the community as a reliable source of information and a forum for transparent discussions
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the Non-Profit and/or Education Sector
- 3+ years demonstrated experience as a community leader or organizer, either in-person or virtual
- Passion to connect educators and engage in meaningful conversations both in-person and within online communities
- Demonstrated experience identifying areas of opportunity and proposing solutions
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, independently, and navigating ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience leading a Community from inception to maturity
- Demonstrated experience as an Educator in the K12 space
How to Apply
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nourished Teachers’ Program Manager” by Friday, October 14, 2021.