Program Operations Coordinator
The Education Modernization (EdMod) Team at Facebook is seeking a Spanish-English bilingual Program Operations Coordinator to support our program, Engineer for the Week (EFTW). Started in 2018, EFTW is a STEM program that introduces engineering to K-12 learners of historically underrepresented backgrounds. EFTW is one of the many offerings of the Education Modernization Team at Facebook, which co-designs programs and products to support K-12 communities facing layers of inequity, often with a focus on computer science and STEM.
Reporting to the EFTW Program Manager, the Program Operations Coordinator will work cross-functionally with our Design, Marketing, Infrastructure, and Partnerships team members. This role will be the linchpin of operational support to a wide-range of EFTW stakeholders, including facilitators, educators, partner organizations, and external vendors. As such, the Program Operations Coordinator will drive logistics, manage relationships and communications, and execute processes that enable success for EFTW’s implementers in the United States and across Latin America. In addition to these skills, top candidates for the role are distinguished by their ability to build relationships with ease, process high volumes of data quickly with impeccable attention to detail, lead with empathy and exhibit an exceptional degree of cultural humility.
This is a 6-month contract position with the possibility of extension or conversion. Interested applicants must be able to work onsite at their nearest Facebook office in North America, Latin America, or the Caribbean.
Program Implementation & Operations
- Oversees EFTW’s network of Facilitator Ambassadors;
- Organizes regular team meetings with the Facilitator Ambassadors
- Manage the Facilitator Ambassadors’ project workflows and task progress
- Report on progress with the Facilitator Ambassadors with our partner stakeholder
- Implements the Tech Connections initiative;
- Identifies internal Facebook volunteers to speak with EFTW learners about engineering
- Schedule virtual visits for Facebook volunteers and program sites
- Drives and executes end-to-end implementation of the Impact Awards;
- Submits purchase requests and donation disbursements in consultation with internal procurement and contracting team SOPs
- Synthesizes learnings and effective practices into actionable insights that enhance EFTW’s SOPs
- Organizes and facilitates live webinars and Q&A sessions for facilitators;
- Creates distribution lists and sends thank you gifts and swag items to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops concrete understanding of the mission and capacity of all our partners to support collaboration opportunities that maximize our impact;
- Manages all external and internal communications and ongoing reporting with partner sites to ensure timeliness and high-quality relationships;
- Drafts, edits, uploads and sends emails or customized content via Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Outreach
- Collects organization logos, facilitator headshot and bios
- Creates, organizes and distributes surveys, forms, thank you letters, and training materials for facilitators and various stakeholder audiences
- Coordinates 1:1s, team meetings, sprint-closeout syncs, retrospectives and other routine collaborative sessions with various stakeholders;
- Serves as primary point of contact to current and prospective facilitators for all inquiries;
- Presents data reports and user stories to partners and key stakeholders.
- Professional level written and oral Spanish fluency;
- 3+ years of proven experience in project management, community outreach, education, event planning and/or civic engagement;
- 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Working with historically underrepresented communities or communities of color;
- Creating and managing operational processes related but not limited to: database and contact management, logistics and/or event coordination, reviewing and executing purchase orders, disbursing donations or small grants, etc.
- Curating relevant program materials, including slide decks, training materials, direct and mass email content, etc.
- Managing nonprofit, K-12 or higher education partnerships
- Collaborating cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Using project and asset management tools (eg. Asana, Redbooth, MS Project)
- Organizing in-person and virtual events, such as webinars
- Excellent people and relationship building skills;
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal) with fine attention to detail.
- 2-years experience working in the K-12, higher education or non-profit sector having developed a solid understanding of current industry trends, having developed in classroom learning experiences, conducted community outreach and/or managed programs;
- Strong proficiency using Salesforce or similar CRMs; include creating and exporting customized reports, updating educator and account data, and curating relevant graphics.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 30, 2021 with the subject line “Program Operations Coordinator”.